This two-week, 40 hour intensive course aims at developing the oral and written skills of MPA students in the key language skills of reading, speaking, writing and listening. The course is activity-based and participatory. The practice activities are designed to reinforce the key skills and offer opportunities for students to raise their proficiency levels while at the same time introducing them to reading, presenting, and writing tasks similar to the ones they will encounter during their studies in the MPA programme. The themes and topics are relevant to a Business context.
- Adapt their communication to different audiences and situations
- Conduct research relevant to their business report topic /sector and integrate sources using APA style
- Have a deeper understanding of how to communicate according to professional expectations
- Improve their communication with people from diverse backgrounds / cultures
- Communicate with a clear purpose
- Write clearly articulated, persuasive proposals
- Express and present their ideas coherently and persuasively
- Revise and complete formal written reports
Last updated on 12 Oct 2015 .